It is normal for seniors to forget what medications to take at what time and for what dosage. Because of having several medications, they can feel overwhelmed. But it is important to take medications as prescribed so, here are some medication management tips for you:
- Always take medications as directed by your doctor. When taking your medications, always follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. Do not attempt to self-medicate. Self-medicating puts you at risk of overdosing and other complications.
- Utilize a pillbox. It is critical to sort your medications into daily reminder boxes or other types of dispensers so that you can organize and access them more easily.
- Find out more about each of your medications. Knowing more about your medications will help you avoid side effects, other drug interactions, and other complications.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor important questions. If you have any questions about your medications, do not hesitate to contact your pharmacist or doctor. They can educate you on your medications and teach you how to properly and successfully manage them.
- Keep a list of all your medications. This will help you determine which medications you should and you should not be taken together.
Are you in need of home health care services in Tampa, Florida? Then you stumbled on the right blog post. Look no further because BLOOMING GARDENS OF CARE is here to help!
We provide a wide range of health care services that aim to help individuals live a better quality of life in the comforts of their homes and achieve optimum health and wellness.